Sunday, May 2, 2010

Session 2- Colour Analysis

I really think colour analysis is a helpful thing but be aware that the word analysis has got a smaller word in it that could describe you if you take it all too seriously. From what I have researched it seems to be merely a helpful guide. This time I did not use a book but simply Googled 'colour analysis'. One helpful and easy site was collegefashion.net. It has a simple chart you can work your way through to discover your colour and then all the details you may want on it (complete with cute little swatch spots). This site still uses the idea of breaking everyone up into seasons. Apparently this is not always used nowadays but I like it.As a loose guide,if you are caucasian you are likely to be a Spring or Autumn. If you are Asian,Latino or African you will be a Winter or Summer. If you are from off-planet I'm not really sure.
The chart gets you to use your eye, hair and skin colours as a guide to find your season. As I change my hair colour regularly this caused a little confusion, but I still ended up as a Spring. As my hair is normally dark ash blonde (I think. Haven't seen it for some time),my eyes are green and my skin a golden beige, I would be a light spring. But since my hair is an amber/caramel colour at the mo I would, instead be a Warm Spring. Alrighty then!
Based on what I found, I see that some of my favourite colours are recommended for me. There are also colours in my swatch I just don't like, and I wouldn't wear them but if I am still left with 10 flattering colours,I am happy. This means when I go clothes shopping I can first look at styles that suit my body shape and can now narrow it down to those only in my best colours. I may have narrowed it down to only a quarter of any shop, but I feel confident that I can save time and money buying only things that actually make me look better. Now theres and idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment